Home › Forums › Family Association › Purposes and Goals of a Cuindlis Families Association › Reply To: Purposes and Goals of a Cuindlis Families Association
2022-05-23 at 12:28 am #657
Long-term goals of other clan/family societies, with significant funding that might be out of the reach of a small family association with few members:
- Sponsor Highland-dance and pipe-and-drum teams.
- Host an annual general meeting or gathering, around one of the Highland games events (formal dinner, etc.)
- Set up a scholarship fund.
- Set up a charitable foundation aside from scholarships.
- Establish a genealogy research centre/library, and a genealogical database. Ex.: https://clanblair.org/cbs-library. Some books to get: https://worldcat.org/identities/viaf-316576872/
- Start a genetic (DNA) genealogy project: see examples: http://clanarthur.org/arthur-dna-project/, https://www.clanchisholmsociety.org/public/dna.php, https://clancarruthers.com/y-dna-project/; see also: https://isogg.org/wiki/Beginners’_guides_to_genetic_genealogy
- Paid executive director responsible for fundraising, etc.
- Establish an ancestral lands trust (if any ancestral lands are ever identified).